Information from MCC
a) By Telephone
- The telephone number for Monmouthshire Councty Council switchboard is 01633 644644.
- The staff of Chepstow Hub can often answer your questions but, should they fail, will know definitely someone who will be able to help you. 01291 635700
b) On Line.
- The Monmouthshire County Council web site is www.monmouthshire,gov,uk
- To find information about your local area, including your next collection day for recyclable waste, please go to the 'My Monmouthshire' page by cllcking on the link, then enter your post code as instructed.
- Should you simply want to see the calendar for collection of non-recyclable waste, please click here
Traffic Speed Through the Village - The speed of traffic through the village, both on the A466 and Devauden Road is a frequent topic of conversation.
a) Operators from the Camera Safety Unit visit to monitor the situation and take action as necessary. The number of visits made and the time spent on location is determined by the results of the previous 6 months. So, if the location is found to be a high risk during one period, the number of visits and the time spent on each visit is increased for the following period.
The A466 recordings are now made from a van on the nursery car park and a van is also used on Devauden Road.
b) A Speedwatch group of volunteers started in St Arvans in November 2015 and shares its data with the police. The group would welcome further volunteers.
The scheme operates in 20, 30 and 40 mph zones only and registration numbers are not recorded until above the legal speed limit + 1% e.g. 34 mph in a 30mph limit.
If speeding drivers have had a second warning letter within 12 months, a third incident would normally result in a visit by a police officer
The locations chosen for St. Arvans are:
- The fountain (allowing drivers to be noted from 3 directions)
- The bus stop near children’s nursery (two directions)
- Near the BT box on Devauden Road. (two directions)
Residents often have questions such as:
- When is my household waste due for collection? To get this and much more information personal to your immediate area, please click on the link and enter your post code into the required box.
- What goes in each waste bag?
- How do I get a special collection of large items organised?
Other questions associated with waste and recycling are best answered by using the MCC web-site, phoning the One Stop Shop on 01291 635700 or calling in to any of the One Stop Shops, the nearest being the hub in Chepstow. You can sign up for email alerts from MCC which include rubbish collection, local planning applications etc.
Do you need to tell someone about a street light that is not working correctly?
Please take a note of the reference number on the support and phone the One Stop Shop on 01291 635700 or use the form at this link.
Overhanging Shrubs or Blocked Pathways?
If you feel that overhanging trees and/or shrubs are causing a problem or pathways covered by vegetation may pose a difficulty or danger to walkers, please email firstname.lastname@example.org